Wednesday 12 May 2010

Final Training in Dubai


A picture from earlier this year, but please be assured I did cycle past the Burj Al Arab hotel this week - just that at the time of the morning I was doing it there were precious few tourists around to take a happy snappy - and I was pretty keen on just getting on. Managed to ride every morning (bar one) on a pretty useful bike hired from Wolfi's bike shop in Dubai. So quite a few miles done - and cycling here is quite exciting. The main roads I tried to avoid - too exciting - therefore the side roads were the option, and every day I ended up on a road which either went off in the wrong direction - or just stopped. On one occasion, I was on a bridge which was only half built! Consequence was to pick up bike and trek across the desert to the next road (never too far away) - lift bike over barriers and off we would go again (we being me and the bike!). There are worse places to be training - and plenty of miles cycled - though it doesn't really count as Dubai is as flat as a pancake and the only undulations were either overpasses or underpasses! London tomorrow - then final training in Wiltshire planned for the weekend before the off (24th).

No comments:

Post a Comment